Each year, one student is selected to represent the student body on the Ohio State Lima Board of Trustees. This is your invitation to apply to be that student!
The Board is made up of successful and well-connected community members from our surrounding counties who help lead the strategic planning and mission of our campus. The student representative is called upon to be the student voice of the Board.
I hope you will consider this WONDERFUL opportunity to become engaged in planning Ohio State Lima’s future (and to make some great contacts for your future)!
Details about the appointment and how to apply are listed below. The deadline to apply is April 26!
The student trustee serves a one year term, beginning in July. Eligible candidates must meet the following qualifications:
- Must have a minimum of a 3.0 accumulative GPA to be considered, and maintain a minimum of
2.5 accumulative GPA while serving;
- Must have completed 24 credit hours on the Ohio State Lima campus, be currently enrolled, and plan to be a full time student during the year of appointment;
- Should have leadership experience/engagement with campus organizations/student activities; e.g. student clubs, student government, etc;
- Must be available to attend and participate in meetings of the Ohio State Lima Board of Trustees, typically meeting twice per academic quarter on a Thursday at 4:30 pm;
- Must provide a resume’ and three (3) letters of recommendation from faculty and/or staff, at least one of which must be a full-time faculty member, as part of the application procedure. All letters and supporting materials are to be sent directly by the person writing the recommendation to the Secretary of the Board of Trustees.
Applications for the position of student trustee are available in the office of the Dean and Director (PS 208) or online at http://lima.osu.edu/board/studentTrusteeApplication.pdf . An announcement will be made in The Communicator. Completed applications are to be returned to the Dean and Director’s office no later than Monday, April 26, 2010, at 5 p.m. The following procedures will be enacted in the selection of the student trustee:
- The Secretary to the Board of Trustees will collect and review all completed applications, making and distributing copies for the Academic Affairs and Student Life (AA/SL) Committee of the Board of Trustees. The Committee will review and rank the candidates by April 30, 2010.
- Academic records will be assessed for qualifications by the Office of the Associate Dean.
- The Secretary to the Board of Trustees will contact and arrange personal interviews with prospective student trustees with the AA/SL. The AA/SL Committee (of select board members, faculty and staff) will determine the top candidate(s) and make a recommendation to the Board of Trustees for appointment.
- The Board of Trustees will appoint the Student Trustee at its May 13 meeting.
- The newly appointed student trustee will be invited to attend the June 10 Board of Trustees meeting.
- The Board of Trustees will submit the name of the newly recommended student trustee to The Ohio State University Board of Trustees for final approval.
Questions should be directed to Jeanne Moorman, Secretary to the Board of Trustees, at 208 Public Service Building. Phone: 419-995-8481 or email at email@example.com.